Get ready for FIRST LEGO League 2020!
Thinking about participating on the LMS FLL robotics teams this year? Get a head start by spending 6 weeks with the LHS robotics team in a mini FLL "season", using the 2019 City Shaper challenge. You'll learn to design and build a fully functional robot, develop all the software needed to operate the robot, research and present on a topic, and compete with other robots.
Students will work in small "teams" of 3-4 students, along with adult and LHS student coaches.
- Week 1: FLL overview; Competition introduction; Robot drive mechanisms
- Week 2: Programming; Project design
- Week 3: Design and build attachments; Project creation
- Week 4: Drive and attachment integration; Programming; Project completion
- Week 5: Testing and refining completed robot; Test robot "missions"; Project presentation rehearsal
- Week 6: Mini-competition; Project presentations
Due to the ongoing uncertainty with school activities and community safety concerns, dates for the summer 2020 sessions are currently unknown. Check here for updates.